Wednesday 18 April 2012

Evaluation Question - Question 6 (What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?)

Technology has played a big part in the film industry in recent years it has become easier for companies to produce, distribute and exhibit films. It has also played a big part in the everyday life of our audience and most living humans nowadays, for example mobile phones, iPod s and other portable technology devices. It is even known to man for people to use their phones to record short movie passages, although this would not be as clear as a camera, it would still be able to get the job done. In fact I believe members of a different group that also study Media decided to shoot their media product using an iPhone.


We had to use technology throughout our whole period of getting our Media coursework done, we had to start off our blogging on this website (Blogger.com). Before we were even able to begin our filming we had to do some research and this meant we had to use the Internet to access YouTube & Google. This was quite easy to use as through out life I believe I and my group have mastered some aspects of using the World Wide Web, what I can say is that blogspot is something I did not know about previously but has now grown attached to me. When this was introduced to me at first it was as if I had to start a new language, this is because I had no understanding of this website until it was finally taught to us. We had later noticed technology has come a long way as the years above my year group did not even use blogspot to show off their course work, there was a time when everything had to be written out, luckily blogspot was invited to help us and make our lives easier.

When we actually started the filming we were giving a camera that was to catch all the filming we were looking to do, the camera was a Canon digital concept camera not exactly what we expected if I'm being honest with you but I believe we were given a camera that would get the job done. It was an easy bit of 'tech' to use but Lynette a member from my group found it hard to operate, after a view words of wisdom by myself she was able to get the hang of it and we began to produce wonderful shots with the camera. The technology allowed me to enjoy the filming for example, being able to zoom in action and create different angles allowed me to feel comfortable that our media product may end up looking really good. The camera we used gave me the name 'Alfred Hitchcock Junior' so that shows how good I and the camera worked as a team, it has also brought out some hidden confidence and I feel more confident with handling cameras.


After filming had finished we began to move on to our editing stage, this is where we are able to refine our filming and add some improvements. I believe this part was quite difficult because none of us in the group had ever use the iMAC's software called iMovie. The iMAC software was seen to be very difficult because it is not what something that I'm or anyone in my group was used to, however the programmes on it supported us throughout our whole editing stage. I've learnt a lot from this new technology and it has definitely made our lives easier because everything was on one programme and this included transitions, music, text and being able to make credits.


This picture shows you the first stage of editing were we had unscrambled every shot and began to order the shots in the places we thought would be suitable for it to be. We asked for a bit of assistance from an A2 student who had already done what we were doing, he helped put up all the frames on the software as this is what we found difficult.


I thought that I would use a iMac programme called garage band, reason being was that we did not have a sound track at first so I thought that it would be good if I produced a beat that would work well with the actual opening to a thriller film. However we ended up finding a great track by The Weeknd an RnB artist and this really went well with the whole theme.
   



No comments:

Post a Comment