Thursday 5 April 2012

Editing Stages

After doing all our filming it was now time for editing and re shaping our final cut to get it looking top notch for people to watch. Editing stages allowed us to make improvements and also add things we were unable to see using the naked eye, what also made this easy for us is that we used a programme on the Apple iMAC. The programme called iMovies allowed us to do every type of editing you could imagine from adding sounds to including credits and transitions, so you can say it had its positive things to say about the editing.

My group members and I had never come across any of these programmes on the iMAC, we hardly used the iMAC in fact, so getting help from others was needed:

This picture shows what we needed help with bear in mind this was our first ever encounter with this software. This was the first stage of editing were we had unscrambled every shot and began to order the shots in the places we thought would be suitable for it to be. We asked for a bit of assistance from an A2 student who had already done what we were doing, he helped put up all the frames on the software as this is what we found difficult.


After getting used to the editing programme Myself and Deon began to produce what we would call a piece of art, whiles under strict orders from Lynette who was acting as the director and basically telling us what we should put in order.

There were times when I believed I had lost all the work, which definitely made my heart sink as I thought I would have been the reason why my group failed. I did not stop panicking until I finally got assistance and was told that the programme saves automatically after something has been changed .


As days of editing went by my success of concurring the software was soon to be completed, you could say i built up a lot of confidence and thought I'm able to do anything. So an idea came to mind and I thought it would be good to use a iMac programme called garage band, reason being was that we did not have a sound track at first so being able to produce a beat would have been a brilliant idea, but as I was getting into producing Lynette found a great track by The Weeknd an RnB artist and the song really went well with the whole theme.
   

We were able to add a title page and credits during the editing stage, this made the film look quite professional because it had some similarities of thriller films that have been realised and noticed for how good they are.


During the editing stages we were able to apply some lighting to the frames we believed were dark, it allowed the visibility of most shoots to improve. We were able to add stabilisation to shots that was believed to be shaking throughout the filming stages.


No comments:

Post a Comment